Thursday, October 25, 2018

Dogs in our lives


Regarding the question as to whether dogs (and cats) go to heaven: someone sent me this cartoon. I can only say “amen”.



= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
I have been asked who some of the dogs were that I mentioned in my “heaven” pack. Becka was a border collie that belonged to my friend Pat, formerly of Buffalo, now living in Texas. She impressed me by knowing the names of her toys. Pat could tell her to get a particular toy, and Becka would go and pick it out from the pile. I  have worked on and off with getting Olive to do that with her toys. Little by little she is getting the idea of “ball”, “big ball”, “kong”, and others. Although Becka has gone over the rainbow bridge, Pat recently sent me a photo.



Major was my grandfather’s dog, perhaps the first dog I ever had contact with. I recently found a photo among my dad’s miscellaneous paraphernalia that shows that I was certainly not afraid of Major. He seemed to be standing watch over me.



= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Just this morning another cartoon was sent to me by another dog lover. I love it.



= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Olive seems to have recovered quite nicely from her mishap last month. The fur is growing back over the scar, which is now barely noticeable.

4 comments:

  1. How sweet this photo is. I think all dogs naturally love you, as they are quite aware of your love for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Major was the dog that set me on the path to being a dog person. Bonding with my grandfather's dog at an early age set the course.

      Delete