Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Olive doing "fantastic".

 

I brought Olive back down to the hospital in Middletown for a progress checkup today, October 26. I am happy to report that the veterinary surgeon told me Olive is doing, in her words, “fantastic”. Olive’s surgical staples were removed and we were sent home with instructions on tapering off all of her meds. After about two weeks Olive will be down to the thyroid medicine that the local vet prescribed and Olive has been taking almost a year. That will mean I no longer have to buy roast beef at the deli to hide Olive’s meds in.


OK, They took out the staples. Now can I get out of this crate?


= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Olive will need to be kept calm for a few weeks, as there is still some healing to take place. No jumping, no stairs, no Frisbee or catching sticks. After a few weeks I can, according to the surgeon, ease her into a more normal routine. That would mean walks around the circle and allowing her to go up the stairs to her doggie bed at night. That was good news for me as although I am getting used to sleeping on my living room couch near Olive’s crate, I would like to go back to my own bed and quilts as the weather gets colder. I think Olive would like to go back to her doggie bed as well. The trick will be to get Olive to understand that she has to get back to her old routines GRADUALLY.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

A few pieces of border collie humor I have been saving:






4 comments: